Our firm handles the negotiation and consummation of hundreds of leases for commercial office space, retail, and industrial space, as well as the sale of more than $100M of real estate. We have organized over 40 partnerships to acquire, develop, and operate commercial properties throughout Central California.
Either directly or through affiliates, we have served as developer or the landlord for firms such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Airborne Express, DHL Worldwide Express, AT&T, Guarantee Savings, Orkin Pest Control, the U.S. Small Business Administration, Caltrans, Chicago Title, and many others. References and a complete list of projects is available upon request.
Russell G. Smith, Inc. has been involved as developer, designer, builder, and owner of numerous commercial developments including office, industrial, retail commercial, single-family residential, apartment, mini-storage, and hotel properties.
Some of our projects include: River Bluff, a two building, multi-story office development in Palm Bluffs (120,000 SF), Santa Barbara Plaza, an office and industrial facility (115,000 SF) located at the Fresno Yosemite Airport, Wilson’s Motorcycles, (31,000 SF) the Fresh Pacific/BK Lighting Corporate Facilities (22,000 SF), the North Ingram Office Building (25,000 SF), and many others.
Russell G. Smith, Inc. was the principal developer of the Air-Fresno Business and Industrial Park, a 54-acre business park adjacent to the Fresno Yosemite Airport, and Foundry Park, a 50-acre business park in South Fresno. Either directly or through our affiliates, we have served as developer and/or the landlord for firms such as Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, ADT Securities, Fidelity Title, Chicago Title, Airborne Express, DHL Worldwide Express, Nextel, AT&T, Guarantee Savings, Guarantee Real Estate, Orkin Pest Control, Helena Chemicals, the U.S. Small Business Administration, the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, Caltrans, BK Lighting, Tanney Industries, and many others.
Development & Leasing Clients:
Team Members and Structure:
Russell G. Smith - President of Russell G. Smith, Inc.
Mr. Smith is also President and co-founder of Construction Consulting, a general contracting firm, and Managing General Partner in numerous real estate partnerships.
Garry Owens - Vice President of Russell G. Smith, Inc.
Mr. Owens has over 25 years experience in tenant and landlord representation, representing both property purchasers and owners. His corporate representation work has involved needs analysis, site acquisition, relocation analysis and negotiation, lease renewal negotiations, and project acquisition and design.
Justin Tancredi - Commercial Leasing and Sales Consultant for Russell G. Smith, Inc.
Mr. Tancredi's work involves market analysis, site preparations, site acquisitions, lease negotiations, property management.
Ron Mazzeo AIA - Mr. Mazzeo is President of Ron Mazzeo Architect, LLC, an architecture firm founded in 1986. Mr. Mazzeo has designed a number of award winning commercial, industrial, medical, religious, educational, multi-family and single family residential projects in California, Colorado and Arizona.
Warren Lev - Mr. Lev, a General Contractor, has over 20 years of experience in commercial construction.
Russell G. Smith, Inc. has managed over 40 different commercial properties including shopping centers, office complexes, apartment complexes, industrial parks, condominium projects, mini-storage facilities, and a hotel. Some of our management projects include:
- San Luis Plaza: 150,000 SF shopping center in Los Banos, CA.
- Santa Barbara Plaza: 112,000 SF office/light industrial complex in Fresno, CA.
- River Bluff: 119,000 SF Class "A" office complex in Fresno, CA.
- 7475-7485 N. Palm: 46,000 SF professional office complex in Fresno, CA.
- Airport Mini-Storage: 1,000 unit storage complex in Fresno, CA.
- Spruce Pointe: 68-unit apartment property in Fresno CA.
References and a complete list of projects is available upon request.
Russell G. Smith formed a construction company in 1985 (originally operating as LongSmith) which acted as a general contractor to complete various tenant improvements on managed properties. The company completed a $2.5 million dollar conversion of a 40 apartment residential complex into a 68 all-suite commercial hotel, The San Joaquin, in 1986. Mr. Smith recruited Brad Kious as Construction Manager and partner in 1993.
Originally operated as a wholly owned subsidiary of Russell G. Smith, Inc., business expansion led to separate incorporation in 1996 as Construction Consulting of Fresno, a California corporation. Warren Lev joined the firm in 1995, and was named a corporate officer and member of the board in 1996.
In addition to The San Joaquin, the Construction Consulting team has completed numerous projects in and around Fresno, California including:
- River Bluff Office Complex -
Class 'A' Three-Story Office Building including 120,000 SF of tenant improvements
- Wilson’s Motorcycles -
31,000 SF concrete tilt-up dealership, offices and service department
- Scott Aircraft Facility at Fresno Yosemite International Airport including a 41,000 SF Airplane Hangar, 6,000 SF Office and a Jet Fueling Station
- California State Board of Equalization - 13,000 SF Tenant Improvement in River Bluff Phase II
- Foundry Park - Rehab and Build-Out of 210,000 SF office/industrial space
- Precision Engineering – 12,0000 SF wood framed building and offices
- “Tech Hub” for ATT, 60,000 SF Concrete Tilt-Up Structure
- A 66-Unit Aircraft Hangar Complex at Fresno Chandler Downtown Airport
- Small Business Administration – 39,000 SF masonry shell building and interior improvements
- 7650 LLC – 17,000 SF wood framed office building and offices in Palm Bluffs
- BK Lighting – 11,000 SF light industrial building
- Numerous smaller interior improvement projects in Fig Garden Shopping Center, San Luis Plaza Shopping Center, and Santa Barbara Plaza including La Boulangerie, Fig Garden Books, Color Café Ceramic Studios, California State Automobile Association (AAA), and Warner Company Jewelers